Mummy checked the news this morning and discovered that peace has not yet broken out worldwide. Therefore, our purrs are again needed for week 11 of Purrs 4 Peace. But then, nothing worthwhile is easy.
“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.” - Isaac Asimov
One of the most insidious forms of violence keeping us from the peace on this earth is domestic abuse.
Studies indicate that at least one in four women (25%) will experienced domestic violence in her lifetime in the U.S., U.K. and Wales. One in three (33%) globally.
Everyone deserves to feel safe and at peace in their own home....safe with those who are supposed to love us. Every home really should be a sweet home. Let us purr to make a difference, purr to bring love and calm to every home in the world, purr for peace.
Week 11 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week eleven’s appointed time is Sunday, August 23, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 12:00 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 5:00 p.m. (17:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook and twitter is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.
Indeed this is a reason to purr for peace Confucius. I am so thankful that I have a loving home.
Hi Confucius! This is my first visit to your blog and also my fist time hearing about Purrs 4 Peace. What a great idea! Aimee, Buffy, Xander, Santiago and Jeremy will definitely be participating.
We will be purring
~Socks, Scylla, Charybdis & Fenris
Ocean Springs, MS, USA
Yes, I will purr for peace! I am a great purrer and will purr anytime that I am asked.
Wouldn't miss it!!!
No form of violence should be tolerated. I will be there to support you in your quest for peace!! (signed): Smokey8 of Twitter
We'll be there with bells on cuz a long and long time ago our momma was a target of domestic violence. We weren't around then or we woulda' jumped on that dude's head and did the bitey on his nose and ears!
Dachshund Derrik & I love the idea of purrs4peace! We practise all day to be good purrers when time is up - hear you!
I shall be purring my very hardest, Confucius. 2 of my mummy's cousins were victims of domestic violence, so it is a cause close to our hearts. Thankfully they are both doing much better now, but we know not everyone is so lucky.
Morris from Scotland (@morriscat on Twitter)
Post a Comment