There’s no disaster that can’t become a blessing and no blessing that can’t become a disaster. - Richard Bach.
Another week, another earthquake. But to the people and animals trapped in it’s epicenter, this is not just another tragedy. According to my research so far at least 800 people dead due to the 8.8 magnitude quake that occurred on February 27, 2010 around Concepcion, Chile on February 27, 2010. And authorities are still searching the rubble so that toll may rise. There have not been reported animal casualties that I have been able to discover reported. In addition, over 1.5 million people and animals have been displaced and are without homes due to the quake. And more killed and rendered homeless by the tsunami that devastated a nearby seaside village, Dichato.
Thankfully, even though the quake was a greater magnitude than that which struck Haiti, due to building codes and the depth of the quake the number of casualties was not nearly as high. Nevertheless, this does not comfort the families who did suffer loss I’m sure.
Therefore, this week I would like to purr for the animal and human victims of the the quake in Chile. Purr for their comfort, purr for their recovery, purr for their revitalization....so that they may have PEACE.
Week 38 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week thirty-eight’s appointed time is Sunday, March 7, 2010.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3 p.m. Eastern (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook ( Acolytes of Confucius Cat or as friend to Alley Mason) and twitter (@ConfuciusCat) is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.
Peace * Paix * Frieden * Vrede * Pace * Paz * Shalom * Salaam * Om Shanti * Heddwch * Síochán * 和平
We would be honored. We will have the Mom send a PM to you on FB, with our info. ~AFSS
Another wise pick forthe week CC. It's too bad weh has these two devastating earth quakes to close together.
You know we wouldn't miss it my friend!
Good choice. Us humans, for the most part, tend to forget about animals in massive destruction. I will be sure to pet both Harley and Breeze on Sunday at about Noon in Las Vegas.
I commend you once again for leading us to purr for such noble causes.
Bruce the cat:)
Post a Comment