Sunday, May 24, 2009

Movie Review - Terminator Salvation

Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day were fabulous movies. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors. So you can imagine I was really looking forward to the release of Terminator: Salvation. 

But from the beginning there was lots of crashing and booming and bashing and screeching.  I admit I crouched under the theater seat most of the time, hissing when someone tried to pull me out. As a cat, I don't favor all that scary special effects noise.  From my hiding place I listened to the quiet parts. But the dialogue seemed pretty much like an ordinary phone conversation. In fact, I heard someone in the audience shout toward the back of the theater: "You're taking a phone call? REALLY?"  

My mummy reports that the movie was really good, once the rude people stopped talking on their cell.  I'm not really sure what a cell is but...okay.  She wants me to tell you that the movie successfully incorporated elements of the earlier films and explained many elements such as the source of John Connor's scar and how he met his father.  

Based on my mummy's comments I'm giving it: three 1/2 meows.  But it seems like they coulda made the sound effects more cat friendly.

No comments: