The sound and vibration of resonating purrs can bring about an end to violence in this world.
Project Purrs for Peace calls for simultaneous purring for three minutes, once weekly for 52 weeks.
Week 2 of Project Purrs 4 Peace on June 21, 2009 was a fantastic event. Cats (and honorary cats) from the U.S., Canada, U.K, France, Italy, Venezuela, Australia, New Zealand and China took part. It was particularly important because we purred in honor of our friend Bigpuss Crow.
- Week three's appointed time is Sunday, June 28, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at Noon. EDT (U.S.) which is 5:00 p.m. (17:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.)
- Last week many (including yours truly) posted their purrs during the event on their facebook pages and on twitter. This is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required.
Spread the meow to all your cat friends. One year of simultaneous purring. World peace through the greatness that is catness.
Peace * Paix * Frieden * Vrede * Pace * Paz