Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Classic Movie Quotes

The cat is the center of the universe. In keeping with this truth, last Sunday’s blog included the following quote:  “Catness is never having to say you’re sorry.” This comes of course from the famous movie, Cat Story.


This posting garnered much acclaim. Popular demand (Okay I admit it was one reader suggestion), requires a further walk down the memory lane of cat movie quotations.


Who could forget the following:


"They may take our lives, but they can never take out cats!" - Bravecats.

"The first rule of fight club is...bring a cute kitty." - Cat Fight Club.


“Lord Voldecat is back.” - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Cat.


“No, Mr. Bond. I expect to you to ... find my cat." - Blofeld in Goldcat

"Of all the gin joints, in all the world...that cat had to walk into mine." Catablanca. 


"Life is like a box of litter...you never know how many clumps you'll get." - Forrest Cat.

"You had me at meow."- Jerry McCat.


"I had the time of my life, and I owe it all...to the cat." Johnny in Cat Dancing.


"Nobody puts the kitty in the corner." Johnny in Cat Dancing.


"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse...I'll offer him the cat." Brando in the Catfather

"I'll be back...after I find the cat." Arnold in Termicater

"The cat? You can't handle the cat!" Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Cats

"Frankly, my dear...I don't give a damn that we'll always have Paris. Where's my cat?" - Gone with the Cat.

But by far greatest number of quotes come from the groundbreaking Sci Fi classic, Cat Wars: 

 
"These are not the cats you're looking for." 


"Go with the cats, Luke."

And the most famous:

"Luke...I am your cat." 


If I’ve forgotten any of your favorites I hope you’ll post them as a comment.  Until then: May the cats be with you.

2 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Those are excellent!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Do you mind if I use them on my blog (with full credit to you, of course)?

-Li'l Bus