“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” - Cicero
Gratitude is defined as a feeling of thankful appreciation for favors or benefits received. Instead of purring about subjects that we are unhappy with, this week, given the U.S. holiday of Thanksgiving Day, I would like to purr about the things for which we are grateful. Let us purr with thankfulness in our hearts.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha
Gratitude is one of the most powerful forces for good in the Universe. When we are grateful for what we have we not only increase our own blessings but bring further blessing to the world as a whole.
One of the leading authors on “the law of attraction” wrote the following about gratitude: “If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the universe, consider it well, and you will see that it is true.” - Walter Wattles.
We can create the world we want, with the peace we want, one blessing at at a time with gratitude.
Week 25 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week twenty-five’s appointed time is Sunday, November 29, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3 p.m. EST (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook ( Acolytes of Confucius Cat or as friend to Alley Mason) and twitter (@ConfuciusCat) is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.
Let us purr with thankfulness. Let us purr to bring an attitude of gratitude for ourselves and the world. Let us purr for peace
Peace * Paix * Frieden * Vrede * Pace * Paz * Shalom * Salaam * Om Shanti * Heddwch * Siochan