“The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Given the violence against animals I have heard about in recent weeks, and the seeming ambivalence of many to that violence, the United States is severely lacking. Indeed, the entire world needs help with its “greatness” as it regards the treatment of animals.
This week I would like to devote our purrs to quelling cruelty toward animals. If the smallest, most innocent, and furriest of us cannot be allowed to live in peace, then who can?
PURRS 4 PEACE EVENT:
- Week four’s appointed time is Sunday, July 5, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3:00 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.)
- Last week many (including yours truly) posted their purrs during the event on their facebook pages and on twitter. This is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required.
Spread the meow to all your cat - and honorary cat - friends. Let’s show our cat greatness again this week.
The greatness of cat = the greatness of the world.