“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
Too many humans allow their anger to burn bright and they lash out at their kids. They destroy themselves by destroying the peace of their family. Certainly, such violence scars the next generation making it all too possible that child will grow into an adult who carries on the family “tradition”.
According to Unicef, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that 40 million children below the age of 15 suffer from abuse and neglect, and require health and social care. More disturbing statistics can be found in an article on violence against children at the Unicef site.
The epidemic of abuse and neglect must end.
Week 8 of Purrs 4 Peace is directed to ending violence towards children.
- Week eight’s appointed time is Sunday, August 2, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 9:00 a.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 2:00 p.m. (14:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook and twitter is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.
PURR POWER = CAT POWER= PEACE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!