Mummy checked the news this morning and discovered that peace has not yet broken out worldwide. Therefore, our purrs are again needed for week 11 of Purrs 4 Peace. But then, nothing worthwhile is easy.
“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.” - Isaac Asimov
One of the most insidious forms of violence keeping us from the peace on this earth is domestic abuse.
Studies indicate that at least one in four women (25%) will experienced domestic violence in her lifetime in the U.S., U.K. and Wales. One in three (33%) globally.
Everyone deserves to feel safe and at peace in their own home....safe with those who are supposed to love us. Every home really should be a sweet home. Let us purr to make a difference, purr to bring love and calm to every home in the world, purr for peace.
Week 11 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week eleven’s appointed time is Sunday, August 23, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 12:00 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 5:00 p.m. (17:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook and twitter is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.