Last week we purred against dogfighting, a barbaric activity for which there can be no defense, no quarter, no tolerance. This week we give equal time to our feline brothers and sisters. Our purrs will have a great purpose. We will purr to end the most horrible, shocking, and noxious activity that I have ever known of: the fetish films known as crush videos in which kittens are the victims. For sexual gratification this appalling detritus is created...for sexual gratification, innocent little souls suffer. In my opinion, those “enjoying” these videos are not much better than a serial killer who puts his own sick fantasies above the lives and goals of his victim and of society as a whole.
The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" ~Jeremy Bentham
Our world cannot be at peace when such activities continue. The light must be shown upon this darkness and this evil banished from the face of the earth.
There are groups on Facebook dedicated to assembling members to show opposition to this heinous practice including “Stop Kitten Cruelty -- Crush Fetishes”
Week 10 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week ten’s appointed time is Sunday, August 16, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3:00 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook and twitter is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.