“We shall find peace. We shall hear angels. We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.” - Anton Chekov
13 dead and at least 30 were injured in the gun massacre carried out at Fort Hood, Texas on November 5, 2009. The real toll is much higher. How many total lives were changed forever is difficult to calculate. Certainly, each of those killed had family and friends left devastated by their loss. Every year thousands more are effected by gun violence in the U.S.
This week we purr for an to this senseless destructiveness.
Week 23 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week twenty-three’s appointed time is Sunday, November 15, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3 p.m. EST (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook ( Acolytes of Confucius Cat or as friend to Alley Mason) and twitter (@ConfuciusCat) is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.
Let us purr to bring love where there is hate, compassion where there is fear, and understanding where there is ignorance. Let us purr for peace.
Peace * Paix * Frieden * Vrede * Pace * Paz * Shalom * Salaam * Om Shanti * Heddwch * Siochan