All you need is love...it’s not just a Beatles song.
"All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need. " - Lennon/McCartney-
Really. If you think about it. all you need...all we as a world needs...is love. Every problem. Every impediment to PEACE in the world comes from one root cause: Lack of love in the human heart. If we can but love our fellow beings - animal and human - we would be at Peace and so would the world.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
All decisions should come from a place of love not a place of fear. Those decisions coming from fear, not love, always lead to chaos and unrest. From the largest example to the smallest. Take for instance the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we as a country had acted on love and not fear we would not be fighting those wars today. Perhaps we would have put our funds into protecting ourselves through internal security and education and not into aggression against others. What about cruelty toward animals. If the abuser could but act with love in his or her heart how could that person harm an animal....couldn’t happen.
“Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”
~1 John 3:18
Let us purr this week for love to grow in every heart. Let us purr that love replace hate, ignorance and fear. Let us purr for LOVE so that we may have PEACE.
Week 41 of Purrs 4 Peace details are as follows:
- Week forty-one’s appointed time is Sunday, March 28, 2010.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3 p.m. Eastern (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) in the U.K. (ANOTHER TIME CHANGE- THIS TIME IN THE U.K.)
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook ( Acolytes of Confucius Cat or as friend to Alley Mason) and twitter (@ConfuciusCat) is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.
Peace * Paix * Frieden * Vrede * Pace * Paz * Shalom * Fred * Salaam * Om Shanti * Heddwch * Siochan