1. Heroine you love. Sandra is always loveable...although in this one she doesn't start out that way. Instead, she's a very unlikable boss. But you know pretty quickly she's going to undergo a change.
2. Handsome hero. Ryan Reynolds is appropriately hunky.
3. Comedic antics. Particularly the scenes with the exotic dancer and the "post shower" were quite funny.
4. Quirky secondary characters. One word: Betty White...Okay that's two words. But she was fantastically funny. And she's an animal lover. What's not to adore there.
5. Animals. Here I have a problem. The family pet was a cutie pie dog. Come on Hollywood. What a cliche. Why not a cute cat. We cats are much more adorable and emotive.
The Proposal was a fun night at the movies. Sure it was predictable. We, the audience, knew where this story was going, but we definitely enjoyed the journey.
I give it three meows.