The last five weeks of Project Purrs 4 Peace have been a fantastic success. The number of cats (real and honorary) participating have grown and have included cats in the United States, U.K., France, Italy, Serbia, Netherlands, Norway, Venezuela, Brazil, Fiji, China and more.
When nations fail in efforts to peacefully resolve conflicts with one another and war breaks out, it is the troops who bravely place themselves in harms way on the front line of violence. The troops can pay the highest price possible for the lack of peace. Therefore, for week six we will concentrate our purrs in a new direction, toward peace for the armed forces.
Here are the details for Week Six:
- Week six's appointed time is Sunday, July 19, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3:00 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.)
- Last week many (including yours truly) posted their purrs during the event on their facebook pages and on twitter. This is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required.
As an aside I note that a recently released scientific study just confirmed what we cats have always known: we can control human behavior through our purrs. Project Purrs 4 Peace is 52 weeks of simultaneous purring by cats (and honorary cats) worldwide for three minutes each Sunday. We CAN achieve peace in the world through the greatness of Cat. Science has proven it!