Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol: Who should win?

Kris Allen or Adam Lambert.  Who should win American Idol 2009?

From a cat's perspective, doesn't really matter that much to me.  Neither of these contestants sang any cat related songs as far as I can recall.  Would it have hurt to sing "What's New Pussycat?"  Or maybe a little "Cat Scratch Fever."

However, as the wisest of beings I have decided to weigh in on this question.  

I did watch the finale last night.  Kinda toned down from last year. No celeb duets. Only one hour. But same old horrible original song.  Where do they get these songs?  Can't a big production like this afford to pay a professional songwriter to write something we'd want to hear a second time. I'm not gonna say it was like caterwauling...'cause I obviously like caterwauling.

As a head to head comparison of the other two songs they sang, I have to give the duel to Adam. Not only does he have an awesome range to his voice, he's very polished and poised.  Plus, his asymmetrical cut has a higher "cat play" factor. (I want to play with his hair more than Kris's).
The long duster coat he wore was also more mysterious. I could have hidden in that coat for hours without discovery. Very important aesthetic for a cat.  

So although Kris is a cute boy with a fine voice, I'm voting for Adam to win....if I can get my claws to hit the correct telephone keys.


No comments: